May 10, 2009

Shreya Ghoshal is hungry for music!


At the age of 10, our princess, our diva, Shreya, participated in the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa contest for the first time where music director Kalyanji advised her parents to move to Mumbai. There, she trained under him for 18 months and under Mukta Bhide in classical music. “I attribute my success to all my gurus, especially Kalyanji,” she says.

From Indian folk to world beats, she has an ear for melodious music. “I am hungry for music. I look for a melodic soul in every kind of music,” she says. Of all the music composers, A.R. Rahman is her favourite since “he is the only composer who comes up with something new every time”. Despite her soaring popularity, solidified with the solo at the Shreya Ghoshal night at the Sydney Opera House last year, she has her feet placed firmly on the ground. And her nose buried in the latest Jhumpa Lahiri.

Her role model is her father Bishwajit Ghoshal, a scientist. The crooner diva finds her father to be the most sensitive person known to her. She wants to borrow his experiences and learn from them.

So, Shreya Ghoshal lovers that was a short tit-bit of an insight on her life & likings.
Keep loving and supporting Shreya Ghoshal and her music!

Courtsey:Nikita Jain/India Today/10th May,2009.

4 comments:

  1. sweetest voice ul ever hear to seranade u, my favourite singer, u cud feel wut she sings, reaches ur heart like nothin else

    ReplyDelete
  2. me lody in soul she is the sweetest voice queen......
    the sweetest n melodious voice i have ever heard after lata....

    ReplyDelete
  3. shreya ji.. u r the VOICE OF INDIA.U r the only person who stole my heart.I LOVE U

    ReplyDelete